About Me

My photo
I am a 45 year old living in South Texas with my husband, two daughters and bonus son.....enjoying life and trying to find my way through :) I was born and raised in the UP of Michigan, graduated from MSU, and have been living in Texas for the past 22 years.....so I guess I'm officially a transplant. Or so I've been told.

Saturday, November 29, 2008

So, the holidays......


I used to LOVE them, now not so much.  I'm not sure when this transition occurred, but I have a theory.  I blame EMS.........clearly.  Here's the thought process.....you have "shifts" when you work EMS.  Almost always, they are 24 hour shifts.  My first three years in EMS, I worked every "major" holiday.  Let me explain how this fabulous turn of events occurred.  The first year was just sheer luck.  The next year was a leap year, so my shift was bent over again.  THEN, the glorious third year, I had a shift change and guess what??  WE had all the holidays again!  SO, I started to detach myself from the whole holiday process.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed our times together and they are like family to me, albeit a dysfunctional one....  ;)  BUT, it was a different transition for me.  Also contributing was the fact that my "actual" family lives approximately 1600 miles away (where there are actual seasons....pout), but I digress.

How's that for a run-on?????  :)

So to make up for the holiday blahs, this year (I was off) we celebrated for TWO days.  That's right two solid days of overindulgence at my friend's house.  I felt fortunate that I was able to wiggle into my flightsuit this morning.  Problem is, I'm still eating like it's Thanksgiving.....very unfortunate indeed.  

No comments: