About Me

My photo
I am a 45 year old living in South Texas with my husband, two daughters and bonus son.....enjoying life and trying to find my way through :) I was born and raised in the UP of Michigan, graduated from MSU, and have been living in Texas for the past 22 years.....so I guess I'm officially a transplant. Or so I've been told.

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh and good news :)




Back in the day, I was "adopted" by an older golden retriever whom I named Zack. He was a wonderful old soul who was dropped off by his owner. He was heartworm positive and he successfully made it through treatment. He was a great addition to my life and went through good and bad with me. Long story short, he was very loved. He died when I was five months pregnant coincidently 3 days before Christmas. It was quite the emotional time for me. He was a great guy....prior to him getting ill and passing, I adopted a chocolate lab (Nick). He was basically still a pup when Zack died so he was a helpful bridge even though it didn't alleviate the sadness in the house.

Fast forward to January 25th 2009. I was driving down the street to my house and spotted a couple hunched over a dog lying in the grass. My kiddo and I stopped to see what was going on. So here was this male golden retriever with three bloody paws....he was soaking wet. He was still a precious looking guy. He had no collar and no obvious markings, so I had no idea where he actually belonged. The couple expressed that they were unable to take the dog to their house, so we ended up walking him down the street to our yard.

We doctored his paws, gave him a bath and some food. He was a polite little (ha) guy. I was pretty smitten, but hesitant to get attached because he *had* to belong to someone. He was just too well bred and behaved not to belong somewhere. So, I gave myself a date. If I hadn't received any calls or inquiries within 6 days, we would consider him ours. I hated to call him by a name I would have liked, so he simply was Stray Dog. Catchy huh?! Yeah, not so much.

By day 2, I had already bought him a collar and a new leash.....well, he would need one even if his "parents" showed up to claim him...........right?? Oh, and he needed toys.......this guy is definitely more active than my now geriatric Nick. Oh and he needs some special food too.....you get the picture.

Day 6 shows up and nothing. Not even a peep. So, he is now Brody and he is fabulous ;)

1 comment:

American Racing said...

Zack really looks so adorable and very friendly. Bet he's been a great canine companion. Making me miss our border collie, Jack.